The Trieste ALICE group is strongly involved in the analysis of the data collected by the ALICE experiment with the aim of studying the heavy-ion interactions and the properties of the Quark-Gluon Plasma. In particular, the group participates and has important coordination roles in a large number of data analysis as:
- study of the production of nuclei, anti-nuclei, and light iper-nuclei;
- measurements of the multiplicity of charged-particles produced in a collision and phenomenology of the eventl
- study of the production of hadrons composed by heavy quarks (charm and beauty quarks);
- study of the production of hadrons composed by strange quarks;
- study of the production of resonances;
- implementation of machine learning techniques for the identification and reconstruction of the particles produced in the collisions.