INFN astroparticle physics and neutrino physics research activities deal with a broad spectrum of scientific problems. The experimental activities are subdivided into the following lines:
- The study of the neutrino properties mainly performed at the Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso (LNGS).
- The search for rare processes.
- The study of the cosmic rays performed by ground based, underwater or space experiments. In Trieste the following fields are studied:
- The search for gravitational waves.
- General physics experiments dealing with precise tests of quantum electrodynamics and quantum mechanics. In Trieste the following fields are studied: